Welcome to the Landscape Architect Superstore. This site offers a wealth of information to make life easier for landscape architects, including up-to-date pricing, CAD files for download, and the ability to create specs for future purchase. You will need to register to get access to the site by creating an account. Please continue reading for detailed instructions on how to sign up for and use the Landscape Architect Superstore.
Creating an account
The first thing you need to do when you come to the Landscape Architect Superstore as a new user is create an account:
- On the Home Page click Register. Or from the login screen click on the button Create an Account.
- Fill out the information required and click Submit.
- You must agree with the terms and conditions of the site before submitting your information.
- Shortly after submitting your information you will receive an email asking you to confirm signing up to the site by clicking on a link. Once you have confirmed signing up by clicking the link, your account is activated.
Login to the store
Once your account has been activated, you can start browsing the store by entering your email address and password at the login screen:
- Click on Login from the Home Page or use the link located in the the user menu at the top of each page.
- Enter your email address and password as specified during the login process.
Once you are logged in to the store you will be able to do the following:
- Browse our catalogue
- Access information on all of our products
- Access your account
- Create projects
- Add products to your cart
- Submit projects via email to potential buyers
- Checkout your cart
- Rate products
- Tag products
Once you are connected to the store, you will be directed to your user account. Your user account allows you to:
- Modify your account information.
- Add/Modify shipping and billing address.
- Verify the status of your orders.
- View your past reviews of the products.
- View your tags on the products.
- Manage your projects.
The Landscape Architect Superstore offers the ability to create a project. You can then add items to this project. This allows you to budget the exact cost (including taxes and shipping) for the items you want in a matter of minutes. You can then submit the project (all the items you want and their price) to a potential buyer for reviewing and he or she can purchase it directly from the website.
Creating a new project
To start up the quoting process you first need to create a project from your account. Go to My Account > My Projects > Create New. If no projects have been previously created you will be automatically redirected to the Add New Project page.
You need to specify the following:
- Project Name, an identifier name for you and the person who will receive your project submission.
- Project type, simply the nature of the project.
- Project Date Estimate, this is the date when the project will be starting.
- Architect Name.
- Customer name or the name of the person who will receive the project submission.
- Shipping address, this can be added or changed at the project checkout/payment.
- Privacy Setting, you are required to set up a password in order to have your project available only to individuals that you choose. The password will be sent automatically to the customer when you submit the project..
Adding items to the project
You can easily add items to the each project you are working on. Simply browse the store, choose a product, specify the quantity and then click Add To Project. If you don't specify a quantity, the quantity will be set by default to 1 in your project. If you have multiple projects, you will be prompted to choose which project the item should be added to.
To manage the projects, simply go to My Account > My Projects. From this location you can easily click on Manage Items to see or modify what is currently in your project. You can update the item's quantity and/or add comments to the item that will be seen by the potential buyer(s) once submitted. When you change the quantity or add comments, it is important that you click Update Project at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
You can preview the project you have built. This means you will get the same view as the person who will receive the project once you have submitted it (see next section for project submission). Simply click preview from the top menu in the project detail page or on the projects overview page.
Once your project is finished, you can submit it to someone by email for review and purchase. To submit a project, simply click on Submit Project button on the project details page or on the submit button on the projects overview page (My Projects). You will have to enter the email address of the person (or people) who will receive the project. Please separate the addresses with a comma if you are sending to multiple people at the same time.
You can also include a message that will be inserted automatically in the email. Please note that the password you set when creating the project will also be included in the email.
Please note that only the subtotal (without taxes and shipping) will be sent to the person (or people) receiving the project. To calculate taxes and shipping costs: please click 'continue' on the individual project page to estimate shipping and taxes. Once you have updated the total, you will need to copy the numbers you want and hit the back button on your browser to return to your project. When submitting, please paste the taxes and shipping totals into the message box.
When you click purchase project, all items in the project will be copied to the cart. You can then proceed with the standard checkout process to complete the order.
If you have any questions regarding the project management process or the store in general, please contact us.
Thank you and enjoy shopping at the Landscape Architect Superstore.